There are patients who are weak or incapable of moving their body because of an injury, post-surgery, or illness. The goal of occupational therapy is to help patients become independent again especially in doing their daily tasks and responsibilities.
The treatment or therapy may cover these areas:
- Basic Skills Evaluation
- Restoring Sensation and Sensory Function
- Strength Training
- Occupation-Focused Practice Models
- Assessment of Cognition and Psychosocial Needs
- Muscle Control Restoration
- Fitting of Prosthetic Devices for Amputations
- Energy Conservation
- Work Simplification
- Improving Coordination
- Prevention of Disease and Injury
We will sit down with the patient and the family to analyze what else we can offer. You can e-mail us or give us a call.